Sierra Aikido is a nonprofit 501(c)3 Public Benefit Corporation dedicated to community service in education and health. Applying a holistic approach, we make Aikido
a platform for personal enrichment, physical health and emotional wellness for ages from 5 to 70+, and life skills development for our youth. Aikido is particularly suited to women and girls, because of its grounding in movement rather than muscular strength and its noncombative nature.
- Public Programs: Regularly scheduled clases are open to all adults, children and teens. In addition, by special arrangement, we offer custom-tailored training, including individual and small-group lessons, short courses and workshops.
- Community Outreach Programs: We reach out to adults and youth in underprivileged and underserved communities through partnerships with community organizations and other nonprofits. Together with our partners we aim to make Sierra Aikido training accessible and affordable to anyone on or near the San Francisco Peninsula.
Besides serving the general population, we focus on:
- Homeschooling. Families, as we share the same core values for parenting and education.
- Special Needs. Children and Teens, who are mainstreamed whenever possible, with the support of one-on-one or small-group training and coaching in an inclusive environment.
- At-risk children, youth and adults, through partnerships with other organizations and individuals focused on health and education.